Loaded in the traditional Cascadia models as an available engine option, the Cummins ISX15 packs the 6-cylinder power and features for the toughest jobs. So much so, in fact, that it’s been the only heavy duty engine offered by every class 8 semi truck in the country.
In demanding, heavy-haul environments, Cummins ISX15 engine pulls heavy loads (over 70,000 lb GVW) more efficiently than medium-bore (11- to 13-liter) engines, which work harder and shift gears more often.
This beefy engine sports a horsepower range of 400-600, as well as a massive 2050 lb-ft. of torque. The engine also features Smart Shift technology, which allows up to an additional 200 lb-ft of torque in top gears to help trucks make it up steep inclines. For the types of loads class 8 trucks carry, this is particularly useful feature for fewer downshifts. The Cummins PowerSpec also allows operators to customize the shift patterns for optimal highway driving.
ISX15 high-output engine ratings have been designed to provide the driver with prolonged peak torque, for a broad power band. This provides an ample rpm operating range to climb mountains or haul heavy loads with ease and less gear shifting. Only Cummins ISX15 delivers performance that the driver can depend on.
Low-end performance is exceptionally strong, as it runs from 1150 rpm to 1500 rpm at the full 1850 lb-ft of peak torque. This increased performance provides the driver with improved driveability over a wider operating range, and superior performance at high altitudes.
Fewer repairs mean less time in the shop; less frequent dash light warnings mean fewer stops for troubleshooting; faster diagnostics speed up repairs. Hardware Enhancements:
- NOx sensor with improved moisture protection
- Effective lubrication and protection with enhanced oil bypass valve.
- Turbo actuator improvements increase responsiveness
- EGR cooler has improved thermal fatigue resistance
- More robust SCR catalyst
- Ammonia sensor eliminated
- Power cylinder and piston ring design modifications substantially reduce oil consumption
- Thermal recirculation valve to combat fuel gelling (optional) Streamlined Diagnostics and Software
- Engine dash light notifications reduced by 65%
- Simplified logic for DEF level notifications
- Updated software performs more accurate diagnostics
- Connected Diagnostics employ telematics for quick diagnosis
Cummins Engine Warranty
Base engine warranty coverage for the ISX15 includes parts and labor on warrantable failures for both the engine and after-treatment system with no deductible. Extended Coverage Plans are available for the base engine with options for up to 7 years or 500,000 miles (804,672 km). Extended coverage plans are also available for the after-treatment system and major components. Check with your Cummins distributor or dealer for details.
View our new trucks inventory to browse class 8 semi trucks for your fleet!